3.12.2010

Glimpses of home.

Ok.  I need an intervention.  Someone tell me I will get a time-out or perhaps a trip to the butt-fanning farm if I step foot in Hobby Blobby or JoAnn's one.more.time.   Go ahead, tell me.

And while you're at it, give me what for about making just an eensy, teensy little stop at the furniture consignment shop.

Thanks, I feel better.

See what I got?
I really like the eagle detail.   It's the little things, ya know?




Kidding.

But I do have big plans for it.  Yes, it involves white paint, sandpaper, and glazing.  Maybe a little stencil action.  Because I have so much time you know.  (tick tick tick...)

Would you care for a glimpse of my living room?  I found some more crap frames to paint today, and the big mirror on the floor is my other purchase that required a spanking.  Just so you know.

I forgot to show you these little guys.

Yes, I know.  They are just too sweet.  The prints came from the (Hundred) Dollar Store in what-were-they-thinking plastic black and gold frames.

Those birds were *screaming* for me to release them from their humiliation.  Pretty sure  it was chirped in chinese.

Anyway, I traipsed down the aisle a bit further and
picked up some wood frames.  Nasty colors.

Painted the frames with some mistinted Martha paint from the ReStore, then glazed 'em.  Stuck the prints to some black scrapbooking paper.  They sing a sweet tune now.

Nester's sister at Chatting at the Sky is having a 'glimpses of home' linky today.  Thought I'd like the blogging universe to see me and my digs on an average day.  S'wonderful.

24 comments:

The Decorating Diaries said...

Sorry, I won't be the one to tell you to stop shopping. I need my own intervention. I can't believe you got those prints at the dollar store, they look fab-u-lous.

Janet

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I love the frames...the birds look much happier now!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I can relate! My decorating necessities overpower my upstairs family room - thank goodness it's not easily viewed. And truth be told, I have a half finished/half painted tray just sitting on top of an ottoman in my living room, right where everyone can see it when they walk in the door and right next to that is a project hubby worked on for our daughter, waiting for completion.

We live in our home, obviously, lol.

Victoria said...

Oh I can't wait to see the eagle frame after you play with it! It's so funny, after entering blog world I no longer look at anything for what it is...more like, hmmmm, now if I just remove this and paint that...

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I'm no good to you either!! I would lead you further astray! Love the mirror!

And those bird prints! Dollar Store? LOVE THEM!

Can't wait to see all your wonderfulness!

Lou Cinda :)

Low Tide High Style said...

I can't wait to see what you do to your new mirror, and no spankings, but I will give you a high five on those bird prints and the gorgeous frames you painted, I love the color!!

Kat :)

Dale said...

If this is what you can create from a shopping excursion...you deserve a gift card, not a spanking! :) Simply fabulous.

Leslie said...

I am so with you on JoAnn's & craft stores. They are seriously going to do me in!!!

Tammy@InStitches said...

You saved those poor birds, great job !

Unknown said...

I love what you did with those prints. And the mirrors are so cool. I can't wait til you get that arrangement up.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I am renting the big box truck and we can start therapy together after one last binge. Love the birds!

Deborah

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Ah, I wish that I could just go off traipsing across the stores. I have to drag 3 kids though. No fun there. They sure do keep me homebound. Any time I even think of going out I get flashbacks of being in Lowe's the bitty one laying on the floor and the two older ones poking her with molding pieces. Sure kills the moment! Love your finds though. I can't wait til Spring to come down and go thrifting with ya!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

You clever girl you. I really like what you did with the bird prints.
Can't wait to see your mirror.

hugs
Sissie

Carolyn said...

Great job on the bird prints!

Carolyn

Danielle said...

I really like how the bird pictures turned out! They have a vintage feel.

B. said...

Now I am going to be patrolling the Dollar store. Thanks for my new addiction. I MUST. Have. The. PRINT.

Kate said...

Love what you did with the dollar store bird prints!!! They scream ANTHRO!!! Way to go girl, love all the great stuff you are showing off. Have a wonderful weekend.

Love ya
Kate

Unknown said...

How cute - and CREATIVE!!!

~ Regan said...

Love me some birdie prints- I can't believe you got those at the dollar store! Are you painting your eagle mirror?

Jean said...

love the cheap bird prints and frames that you re-made so well.

Polly said...

Hi Cindy! I did the same thing with those dollar store bird prints! I painted my frames cream though! I think they are such cute prints! Why oh why would they have thought the black and gold plastic frames looked good? I don't get it!! Yours look great!

Polly

Cheryl said...

I love, love, love those bird prints!You did a great job on the frames. They don't sell anything that cute in our dollar store! I've been looking everywhere for bird prints. What size are they? Can't tell from the picture.

Annie Joy said...

Well, there are ADDICTIONS and addictions -- yours is the lower-case type that keeps the ADDICTIONS at bay! Just telling you this because I am being seduced by the vision of finding wonderful things at dollar stores, garage sales and flea markets, now that I am retired. Thank you!

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

I know why the caged bird sings baby! You released them! Ok, seriously I love the bird photos and must know at this very minute if you got them recently at the Dollar Store cause if you did I'm going to go get some. I'm so excited, I can't even punctuate.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails