8.12.2010

Celebrating my 1 year blogiversary!

Tomorrow, actually.  I can't even believe it.  To celebrate, I bought you all a big bouquet of flowers.

Then I started playing in Picasa....you know, with all my spare time.  I think playing on the 'puter (blogging and editing pictures) is my new zone-out time.  Used to be decorating mags...still is at times...but with the 'puter I can actually get creative instead of passively scanning. Anyway....

I picked up some pretty milk glass at a thrift last week and created some rosy vignettes.  I need to tell you straight up, I use a $150 point and shoot.  Nothing fancy.  I use the 'macro' setting a lot, never use flash, and I'm still learning how to hold the ding dang thing still when I actually click the picture.  Picasa then adds the fun effects.  I'll tell you what I did with each one.

Here's what I started with.  I just cropped and brightened this a bit.  It was taken in my kitchen under (hideous, soon-to-be-changed-out) florescent lights.

I used the macro setting for this one.  I also clicked 'I'm feeling lucky' option in picasa under 'basic fixes' which adjusts colors and contrast.  Sometimes it turns out pretty like this.  Other times, well, not so much. 

Macro setting, just cropped it and used the tuning tab to warm it up a bit on the color temperature slide.

I moved this into the sunlight, snapped in macro setting.  In picasa, I warmed it in tuning, then used 'soft focus' and 'glow' under the effects tab.

Again, macro then edited with a slight crop and a touch of warmth. I LURVE the creamy pale yellow and pink!

This shot I adjusted the 'fill light' in the tuning tab.  Cool effect....

Yellow lilies and mums...you know the routine: macro, crop and warm. I added some 'glow' to the mum.


Some more pretties.  Like my beloved bird's eggs, I think roses are sublime.


In this shot I didn't warm it.  See how the pinks have a blue undertone?  I like some of my pictures to have the cooler tones, but generally I warm them up at least a smidge.

This one I played with 'saturation'....isn't it awesome?  (I see that nodding head....)

If you happened to pop over this weekend, you might have seen this collage already.  I made it just before the lightning struck and I realized that as much as I LOVE roses, my robin's nest fits better with what I'm trying to do here on the old blogger-roo.  Kinda funny I went full circle almost to the day with the blog, eh?  Still....I'm smitten with this header, and collages are so fun to do.



So that's it....a bouquet of pink picasa roses with a touch of yellow to celebrate ::cottage instincts:: 1 year anniversary~from me to you. Thanks ever-so-much for joining me on this wee spot on the web.

18 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Happy blogaversary, Cindy! Beautiful photo creating! Hope your day is wonderful!

Julie

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Happy Blogiversary!

LOVELY flowers!!!

stefanie said...

happy blogaversary!!!
that does look like fun!!!

Patricia said...

"This one I played with 'saturation'....isn't it awesome? "
Yes I am nodding my head. This one is my favorite. Love the color!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Congratulations on this milestone! I enjoy your blog immensely. I love your way of saying things. And most especially, your straightforward honesty! Happy Blogoversary!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary.
Beautiful photo creating of beautiful flowers.
Greetings from Mio in Norway.

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Happy Anniversary honey! So glad our blogs have brought us together. : < >

NanaDiana said...

Happy Day to you! I used to be a magazine-aholic too. I find that I am liking the internet more all the time...although I still get a few of my favorite mags...I am not renewing my subscriptions like I used to.

I envy you your picture taking ability. I have not had the chance to learn how to do much more than point and click with my camera....and...my pictures show it. I always use flash...lol...guess I should learn to turn that off, huh?

Thanks for the lovely pictures today. Diana

shannon i olson said...

very nice photos!

Gail said...

Congratulations. WOW you've only been blogging for one year? Beautiful photos. I need to start playing around with my photos in picasa.

The Decorating Diaries said...

Happy blogiversary. I never did tell you how much I loved your porch makeover. The fabrics and colors are just beautiful.

Janet

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Happy Anniversary and keep on bloggin!

Beautiful flowers and containers.

hugs
Sissie

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

congrats on one year! wooohoooo!
nice pics! I love looking at flowers.
gail

COTTAG3 said...

Congratulations on this milestone and to many more!

InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Cindy-

Who needs a fancy schmacy camera when your photos can look as good as yours. Congrats on 1 year in the blogoshere!
My best- Diane

~ Regan said...

Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe you've only been on a YEAR. 700+ followers... Man! You are loved! ;)

Hope the next year brings as many good things for you!

Simple Home said...

Happy blogaversary! Those are beautiful photos. I'm not that creative, but you're inspiring me.
Blessings,
Marcia

Crafty Sisters said...

Happy anniversary! Your pics are lovely, I though for sure you were using a fancy camera. I'm going to go check out what macro settings are. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails