8.07.2010

Weekend Welcomes 1st Edition, and Questions Get Answers

I'm so tickled when I get a new follower.  Gail over at My Repurposed Life features a few of her followers in a post every week....I'm totally on it.  Hope you don't mind Gail!(Go see her....she does incredible things with wood!)
My Repurposed Life

I've also had several questions in the comments, and figured I'd answer them here....they're down below the introductions.

So in the last weeks, I've noticed lots of newcomers, so I figured I'd get us all in a circle and introduce the newbies to the cottage instincts circle of friends. Go visit them and tell 'em I sent ya...and if you're listed below and have a blog that I somehow missed, email me and I'll add it pronto!  I hope to do this every couple weeks so the list doesn't get too long....Kumbaya

Kim from Seasons of My Heart
The Jester from growdamnit (OMG how funny is that!?)
Cathy from Mille Fleur
Eileen from Cottage Beach House and FreshCutFabric Blog
Debbie
Vintage Sweet Pea
Lynn
Angela
Cozy Little House
Irma
Gina from Slipcover Chic
Freckled Laundry
Gloria
Tania
Welcome to My World
tatmuffin (love this!)
Donna from My Shabby Chateau
The Mint Chocolate Chip Inn
Sharon from Elizabeth and Co.
Deb from Cappucinno Cottage
Jennifer from Our Cottage in the Desert
Jennifer
Cat
wobegone cottage
The Finicky Frog
NanaDiana
Blue Ridge Altered Art
Erin from Little Apartment on the Prairie
Bargainmom08
Elise from Elusive Reveries
Pat
Vintage Girl at Heart
Jaensue
Lindsey from Happenings at the Honea House
Lynn from Desert Rubble
Beach Cove Jewelry 
Vintage Treasure Hntr
Shannon from A Southern Belle with Northern Roots
Mandy from Bunnies, Bullfrogs, and Kitties
DeeDee from A Sense of Comfort
And by the way....y'all have serious cottage instincts. Thanks for following along with my antics.


Now to answer a few question left for me in the comments....

Marcia from Vintage French Hen asked:
Can I come by for tea on your new porch!
My emphatic answer.....Yes!  I'll be serving stale Little Debbie Oatmeal Cakes with the tea. :)

Marilyn asked:
Do you know what it's (floral fabric) called and/or who makes it?
Me: Unfortunately I got it on the flatfold table at Hancock Fabrics.  It coordinated beautifully with the stripe, though, which is a Waverly from JoAnns.  Got that one in the 44" wide decorator fabric section.

Deborah from Fairfield House asked:
Now where's that martini shaker?
Me: My cottage porch soirees are strickly BYOM. Bring Your Own Martinis.  I'm a wine cooler gal. *wink*

Shelia from Dodging Raindrops asked:
I'm curious about the blinds.
Me:  Those are el cheapos I've picked up here and there for less than $5.  They're plastic and the cords get all tangled and annoying, but they do a good job filtering the western sun, nosy neighbors and torrential rain showers.  I hope to make canvas drapes next summer.....

Jayme from Tales from the Coop Keeper asked:
When ya comin back?
Me: Um.  How 'bout tomorrow?

Tracey asked:
I love the floral green fabric could I ask where you got it...
Me:  Check my response above to Marilyn.  If I happen to find more, I'll let you all know!

Denise-Marie asked:
I wonder how you painted the iron furniture. Do you use a paint box to not overspray or just take it out in the backyard corner.
Me:  Out in the backyard...I have some big cardboard boxes that I break down to set furniture on when I spraypaint, so as not to get the driveway or grass.  I also try to only spraypaint on non-windy days when it's not too cold or too humid.  


Whew...adding links is like wicked exhausting.  I'm off to help hubs in the dining room, which is becoming our official office.  I did a big 'ole remake on that room back in the fall, but having DADD (decorating attention deficit disorder) it will be changing again.  Switching back to homeschooling necessitates the change, though, not just my need to switch it up constantly.....at least that's what I tell myself.

And hey!  Make it 4 Monday will be up and running tomorrow night!  Hook up your home projects so we can all ooooo and ahhhhhhh.  I'll be serving the aforementioned stale Little Debbie Oatmeal Cakes.  Bring your own martinis.
 

8 comments:

COTTAG3 said...

This was such a fun post. So glad to see your blog back up and running.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I'm glad you blogging on a regular basis again! :)
Thanks for the shout out, and no, I don't mind at all.
While tabbing through my google reader, I was quite surprised to see my little likeness (hahah button)
I was like, whoa! :) I like surprises!
have a great weekend!
gail

Brenda Pruitt said...

I'm on a diet. Can I bring my Weight Watchers bars so I won't be cheating? I love this font of yours. That is my question: What font are you using for your text?
Brenda

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Thanks for the introduction and being welcomed into the circle of friends. What a generous and caring community!

Sheila said...

Thanks for answering my question and linking to my little blog!

I love your new header!

Tiffany said...

Kumbaya! :)

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

So nice of you to acknowledge everyone like that! I was thinking of you today. A week ago right now we were lying about the Squirrel gabbing. I'm all twisty today. Can't focus. Want to start a new project, but I don't know what. I think I'll nap. Miss you.

Unknown said...

Thank you for linking to my blog. I love looking at what everyone is doing, and I love it when someone checks out my blog. Blogging is not just fun, we can all learn and share so much

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails