8.05.2013

::Catching Up with 3 Before & Afters::

PSSSST...I'm no longer blogging here!
You can now find me at
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week I got so ding dang busy finishing pieces I had nothing left when it came time to blog.
So tonight, you'll get a smattering of some of the before and afters I've done in the last 10 days or so.
Boom.

#1 Glenda the Good Witch Dresser
(Hubs said I shoulda named her Elphaba 'cause she's green)


Before:


Went to the ReStore to get some tacky brass oval back plates because I ruined the original hardware.
Don't ask.
Knobs from Lowes.
After I shook my puny fist at Hob Lob for selling out of the vintage-look green ceramic knobs I'd picked out especially for this color. 



#2 Page the Plate Rack


Found at a resale shop.


Knew she'd be pretty in ASCP's Duck Egg.  
I was right.



#3 Janice (sister to Janie)


I had a customer buy Janie, and wanted me to paint her vintage bed to match.
Here's where Janice started....3 coats of peeling, glossy paint.  
She killed my mouse sander.
I'm sure she felt bad about it.


Used the same colors and techniques as I did with Janie.
For the raised decorative thingy, I used an artists brush with the white paint I used for the 4 corner posters to highlight them a bit.


See?  A matching set :)


Ta Da!  I've got a few more too, but they'll have to wait for another day.
I have some really exciting news regarding my baby business that I'll share later this week!  
Things are really taking off, much quicker than I expected, and way more rewarding that I anticipated :)



9 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I love living vicariously through you.

I'm not much of a shabby chic girl, but that BED...oh swoon.

NanaDiana said...

Love them ALL, Cindy. Too bad about the HL glass knobs you wanted- bummer! xo Diana

Unknown said...

They're all beautiful - but that bed is just GORGEOUS !!!!!!!
So happy to hear that your business is taking off - excited to hear more details :)
XOXO

Maureen said...

Loving the bed!

Now...about the baby business... spill!

Cassie Bustamante said...

so fun! that bed is gorgeous!
so exciting about the business!

Brenda Pruitt said...

You excel at this painting of furniture! I would LOVE to have the lovely green.
Brenda

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So pretty. Love the bed.

Three Birds Inspired said...

Love that bed but I am dying over the plate rack! If I just lived closer I would take that baby right off your hands!!

Donna Wilkes said...

Love that green! I know exactly the knobs you wanted - our store is out of them too! The bed is deliciously distressed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails